Esther 1:1-22
Day 1
Vashti angers the King: Esther 1:1-22
In this passage, Vashti refuses the order of the King when he commands her to show her beauty among the people. By refusing, Vashti angers the King and is considered defiant against the king and the land. The King makes a law that all men should rule their own house and the women will honor them.
Commentary:
I think that Vashti is being brave. I do wonder, why she defied the king. Was it out of good reason? How will her impact effect the world now?
In She Reads Truth, they reference to Psalm 32:7 which says "You are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with joyful shouts of deliverance". I think this stanza is vital in both Vashti's life and my own life. Vashti is in quite a predicament right now and she will need the presence of God to keep her mental and physical being at peace and protect. In a time where this will become very difficult for her, she will need the strength to persevere. This is a time where she can lean on God through all of her hardships.
Lord, I definitely need the strength to persevere right now. I am mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted. The nursing rejection has wore me down emotionally and has made me fear for the future. What should I change my major to? what occupation should I pursue? What is my true path? What am I meant to do next?
Also, I woke up today and I got my period today. It's 2 weeks early again and I feel so fatigue and weak. During this quarantine, I feel like I barely have the strength to move. I've been sick from October 2019 to June 2020. During this time period, I have only felt healthy for a month. My body is trying to tell me something. At first, I thought I was overworking myself, but even when I stopped working and going outside, I have still felt sick. I am waiting for when I could finally feel like myself again. Strong, Healthy, and Happy.
I feel like I have been very absent in my spiritual life for the past few months, so I will be starting quiet times again to reconnect with God. Maybe I'll even start feeling like myself again.
Comments
Post a Comment