Ester 3: 1-15

Day 3
Haman Plans to Kill the Jews: Ester 3: 1-15

Haman was honored by the king and was given too much power to take action with evil in his heart. He plans to kill all of the Jews throughout the king's provinces because they are different. But how can you hate someone without knowing them first? How can you kill a person, let alone a whole ethnic group without any remorse? It just blows my mind that such extreme discrimination and prejudice is occuring. Now I understand why Mordecai told Esther to keep her ethnicity a secret. I am afraid for Mordecai because Haman knows that he is a Jew and will probably take action against him.
This passage reminds me of the Black Lives Matter movement that is going on right now. In America, there is systemic racism and there are so many innocent black lives that are murdered. Racial profiling and discrimination still occurs in America today. The KKK still exists today. But I have to ask again: how can you judge someone without meeting them first? How can you hate a whole race or ethnic group? There are a plethora of unique and individualist people within a group and we can not just categorize and stereotype them as one whole. They are people too and they are worthy. They should be treated as equals between you and me.

On a lessor note, I could apply this to my own life with nursing applications. How can you judge me as a person, solely based on what's on paper? How can you judge my character, my personality, and my whole being by just numbers on a paper? I am more than what is said on paper and I would like the opportunity to prove it. I would like the opportunity to prove my worth. By rejecting me, you are denying my worth.

In times where I feel worthless, it is always nice to have in mind that God will always be there for me. I don't have to prove anything to anyone because He will accept me as is. I know I'm a good person and I could go anywhere in life. The question is: where? What is the path that God wants me to pursue?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esther 1:1-22

Esther 2

Esther 4:1-17